Messages not displayed

More
16 years 2 weeks ago #953 by GM4COK
I have been using Firefox 2 and the Guestbook worked very well.
When I upgraded to Firefox 3 all the messages were not displayed in the Guestbook. The same thing is true of Safari and the new Google Chrome browser. The only things remaining are the posters email addresses and any smileys used.
I would guess that this is something to do with the font used.
Where can I change this so that it is once again visible in the new versions of browsers? I have had a quick look but without success so far. I think it might be very easy but I'm no expert with PHP!

Many thanks for a fine Guestbook

George

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #954 by Pete
Replied by Pete on topic Messages not displayed
Hey George,

I suspect there is something else going on with your system. But as far as the font control, you can modify it by changing the file "style.css".

Thanks,
Pete

DigiOz Webmaster
www.digioz.com
Last edit: 11 years 2 weeks ago by Pete.

More
16 years 2 weeks ago #957 by GM4COK
Replied by GM4COK on topic Messages not displayed
Thanks for the swift reply Pete!

I think there may some clash perhaps with css files as I am embedding the guestbook in my own html page.
I would appreciate your expertise or I might end up breaking something with my experiments!
I did try editing the guestbook.php file locally to change the font color on the first entry and it made all entries visible for some reason when using Google Chrome.
www.para.org.ph/guestbook/list.p ... &order=asc

Many thanks again

George

More
16 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #958 by Pete
Ah ok, now I see it. The ironic thing is that the font didn't disappear in FireFox and Safari until I installed the Google Chrome Browser! So it is basically caused by changes that the Google Chrome Installer makes to your system! :shock:

Open up your style sheet file "blit1001-28591.css". Find the following segment:
Code:
TD { BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #000066; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #000066; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #000066 }

Replace it with the following:
Code:
TD { font-family: Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; font-weight: normal; color: #000000; text-decoration: none; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #000066; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #000066; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #000066; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #000066 }

That should do it for you.

Enjoy! :)
Pete

DigiOz Webmaster
www.digioz.com

More
16 years 2 weeks ago #959 by GM4COK
Replied by GM4COK on topic Messages not displayed
Hi Pete,

I had a good search through the css file and could not find the segment you mentioned. I'm crossed eyed now and getting rather frustrated.

Incidentally, the problem manifested itself when FF3 was first made available some time ago and not just when Chrome was installed.
I have had someone else also make the comment recently about the missing text and I put it down to FF3 still having a few issues so I recommended to him that he stay with FF2 for the time being!

Thanks again for your help, I hope you can track this down for me some more. I'm looking through the files to see if I can spot anything but so far no success.

George

More
16 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #960 by Pete
I modified the css file for you. Here it is:

File Attachment:

File Name: blit1001-28591.txt
File Size:31 KB

Just download, rename the file to "blit1001-28591.css" and upload it to your site.

Pete

DigiOz Webmaster
www.digioz.com
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds