Undefined Variable :cSpam

More
15 years 8 months ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #1016 by williamcoates2002
Hi There,
First off this guest book looks really cool,hope I get it to work. The problem is the following error I recieve after posting a message
Code:
Notice: Undefined variable: cSpam in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\guestbook\functions.php on line 195

I am trying to test this on my computer before I upload it to the server. I have apache and GD enabled and it worked fine for other guestbooks using capatcha verification, but it capatcha verification doesn't load with this guest book? Do I have to upload it to the server to test it or am I missing a setting in the config.php file. I have granted r/w permisson to the folder and inclosed files.
ANy ideas....... :!:
Last edit: 11 years 2 weeks ago by Pete.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #1017 by williamcoates2002
Hi There,
I figured it out,,,I tested it on the server and it works okay......I must have my file perissions set incorrectly when I try to run it on my computer.....Anyway I will now try to mod the gustbook abit to include it in my site which uses css and see how things go..... :D

More
15 years 8 months ago #1018 by Pete
Replied by Pete on topic Undefined Variable :cSpam
Glad to hear you are enjoying the guestbook. The notice that you receive from PHP is because the spam count variable "cSpam" needs to be initialized to zero in the spam function. This has been fixed in version 1.8 beta 1. The reason you don't see this message on your server is because by default Notices are turned off in PHP, but it looks like you have them on locally on your machine.

Pete

DigiOz Webmaster
www.digioz.com

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds