toolbar.jpg will not display

More
18 years 4 months ago #102 by thetech
when you find something this good, and its free, spread it around as quickly as possible before the author changes his mind.. :wink:

I have installed the guestbook script on to 3 web sites in the past few days. The first 2 sites work perfectly. At the last site I put the scripts on, the image toolbar.jpg just does not display.

I have been over everything I can think of and can not find a reason for this strange behaviour. Anyone any ideas ??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 4 months ago #103 by Pete
Replied by Pete on topic toolbar.jpg will not display
What's the link to the guestbook installation in question? :D

DigiOz Webmaster
www.digioz.com

More
18 years 4 months ago #104 by thetech

Pete wrote: What's the link to the guestbook installation in question? :D

www.wanabelong.com/guestbook the image that is supposed to display is at www.wanabelong.com/guestbook/images/toolbar.jpg I havent had to put the full url in to the php files on the other sites so its a weird one for me.

and while I am here.. another strange one has poped up.. at this location www.pacsea.org/guestbook even though I have a zero in the config file for IP checking I cannot make an entry, always getting the message "You are attempting to submit this entry from an UNAUTHORIZED LOCATION." etc etc

I even went in and removed all the entries that have 202.xxx.xxx.xxx in them (my IP is a 202) and still get the big red message :( and here I was thinking that all was running smoothly. :cry:

PS I added another site.. its all just fine so 2 out of 4 are perfect.. I cant commplain, I am after all just an amateur at this.

More
18 years 4 months ago #105 by Pete
All the path, etc seem to be in order. So its not anything obvious from the visitors point of view. If you want, you can email me your FTP Login information and I can look at the source code of your specific installation to see if I can troubleshoot it.

Pete

DigiOz Webmaster
www.digioz.com

More
18 years 4 months ago #111 by thetech

Pete wrote: All the path, etc seem to be in order. So its not anything obvious from the visitors point of view. If you want, you can email me your FTP Login information and I can look at the source code of your specific installation to see if I can troubleshoot it.

Pete

I will have to get permission from the site owner first. Meanwhile, the problem at the second site, www.pacsea.org is more serious. noone can leave a message. everyone gets told that they are from an unauthorised domain. Your thoughts ???

(edit. added as an afterthought)
It just occurred to me that this particular installation is on an NT server and that the problem might be the file attributes.. If you also think that this might be the case, how do I change the attributes ?? I am using cute ftp and the facility to do this just doesnt show in cutes menu when on an NT server like it does on a linux server. If you do not think that this is the problem, just ignore these rantings and step back one paragraph. :wink:

More
18 years 4 months ago #113 by Pete
It's hard to pinpoint the problem without having access to the install location. Email me ftp access permission if you get it and I will be happy to check it out for you.

DigiOz Webmaster
www.digioz.com

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds