email display

More
18 years 4 months ago #107 by Maurice
email display was created by Maurice
Hello,

I've been using your guestbook for over a year now and like it a lot, recently due to increasing spam messages I updated to the latetst version with better spam protection, but there is still one thing.

People posting messages have to enter a valid emailadress, which is good, but how can you keep this emailaddress from being displayed in the message list so spambots can't see them?

Thanks in advance for your input.

(and before I forget, where can I change de admin password and login name? Can't seem to find it :oops: )

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 4 months ago #108 by Pete
Replied by Pete on topic email display
Hello Maurice, and thank you for using DigiOz Guestbook.

In answer to your question, open the file called "config.php" inside of your guestbook installation, and find the following line:
Code:
$email_optional = 0; // Set "1" for optional email, "0" to make it required

Change it to this:
Code:
$email_optional = 1; // Set "1" for optional email, "0" to make it required

This will make the email field of your guestbook optional. Currently, this is the only option available for the guestbook. In future versions of the guestbook, we may consider using either an image to display the user's email address, or change it to make it un-detectable by spam bot.

DigiOz Webmaster
www.digioz.com

More
18 years 4 months ago #110 by Maurice
Replied by Maurice on topic email display
Ok, thanks, I'll give this a try, and as for my second question?

How to change the admin password and login name? I seriously can't find that option.

More
18 years 4 months ago #112 by thetech
Replied by thetech on topic email display

Maurice wrote: Ok, thanks, I'll give this a try, and as for my second question?

How to change the admin password and login name? I seriously can't find that option.

the admin name and password are in the config.php file. look for $_Username and $_Password

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds