Converter

More
18 years 3 months ago #136 by Norman
Replied by Norman on topic Converter
Hi Pete, You could be right. I know that I have edited that file many times in the past, mainly for spam. In doing that, I have made mistakes which have been corrected. It is possible that I have formatted the text in a particular area or left a strange character in the file. It could be that in the old GB it did not matter but the converter trips over it. Note that I lost 4 of the original messages when I run the converter (before your mod).

Thanks, Norman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 3 months ago #138 by Norman
Hi Pete, I have taken a quick look at the (old) list.txt that I used with the (new) converter.php. I have somewhere between 140 - 150 entries in list.txt and 49 in the list_converted.txt. Now wait for it, this is spooky. Not one of the 61 entries made by me is in the list_converted.txt :?

This still does not account for all of the missing messages; probably about 30 -40 others :?

I will see if I can find some common thread when I have more time.

Thanks for your help.

Norman

More
18 years 3 months ago #139 by Norman
Hi Pete, OK, I think I solved it from in that I have 141 messages and I have recovered 140.

When I realised that the bulk of the missing messages where from me, I had a handle on what might be the problem. I never put an email address in the GB. I noticed that there were a number of other entries where there was no email address. I replaced all occurences of with a@b.c. Now we had a message file where every entry had an email address even though most of them were not real.

So, the conclusion is that your code (new converter) must expect the Email field to have some content. Hope that helps in fixing the code.

Thanks again.

Norman

More
17 years 8 months ago #525 by Pete
Replied by Pete on topic Converter
Here is the new version. Feel free to use it. It allows for blank email address as well:

digioz.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=337

DigiOz Webmaster
www.digioz.com

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds