Directory Indexer over a Network

More
18 years 1 month ago #208 by Gloudo
I'm building a website with a big limitation.
The webserver (Apache - Windows) is a simple desktopcomputer which is connected to a fileserver.
Because the network is already overloaded with traffic, the datatraffic to and from the webserver has to be minimal. So therefore the documents have to stay on the fileserver.

I'm trying to use the indexer to index a directory on the fileserver, without any success.
Is it possible to adjust the code so that it is possible to use it over a network?
I'm really at a loss here

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 1 month ago #211 by Pete
Hey bud,

Here is what you would need to do to accomplish this:

1) Map a network drive to the location of the server that holds the files from your web server. You can do that by going to "\\servername\foldername\" using Windows explorer, then selecting "TOOLS > Map Network Drive", and entering the folder path under "Folder". Make sure to test your mapped folder to make sure it works.

2) Create a virtual directory under apache Pointing to this new mapped drive. What this will do is to allow you to use a url like " www.yourdomain.com/foldername " from your webserver, even though your actual files are on a different server.

3) Change the path of the directory indexer to the mapped path to the file server and you should be good to go! Let me know if you have any problems along the way.

DigiOz Webmaster
www.digioz.com

More
18 years 1 month ago #212 by Gloudo
Hi there,

I can't seem to manage it.

I only can use the ip adres to connect to the site from ie.
Any name (Infopoint) I attach to the server will only work on the webserver.
When I try to find the site from the network it only works with the ip adres.

The mapped drive works great (G:\)

When I turn on the virtual host directory nothing seems to work anymore.

More
18 years 1 month ago #213 by Pete
Send me your "apache/conf/httpd.conf" file and I will take a look to see how you are trying to setup virtual directory.

DigiOz Webmaster
www.digioz.com

More
18 years 1 month ago #220 by Gloudo
I send you an E-mail with the httpd.conf, let me know if you got it.

I've also got an error when the dir is empty.

Warning: array_multisort() [function.array-multisort]: Argument #1 is expected to be an array or a sort flag in C:\Intranet\httpDocs\functions.php on line 17

I'm a novice at php, so what's wrong?

More
18 years 1 month ago #221 by Pete
I never got the email then. Did you send it to webmaster@digioz.com or digi_oz@yahoo.com ? Can you send it again?

DigiOz Webmaster
www.digioz.com

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds