Toolbar & Smileys dont display

More
17 years 10 months ago #303 by rasc00
I uploaded the directories and files as per the instructions to my cgi-bin but although the guestbook works fine, the toolbar and smileys would not display.
I then put them in my normal webspace and they displayed ok - but do not show when a message is added and viewed - only the written form of what the smiley is displays.
I have played around with alot of different addresses to try to get them to work from cgi-bin (having pout them back there) but cannot get them to work as they should.
Any suggestions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 10 months ago #304 by Pete
Replied by Pete on topic Toolbar & Smileys dont display
The guestbook files are written in PHP, so you should be able to place them anywhere in your web directory (there is no need to place it in the CGI-BIN directory). Try placing all the files in a folder like:
Code:
/public_html/guestbook/

Instead of this:
Code:
/public_html/cgi-bin/ OR /cgi-bin/

It should work fine that way.

DigiOz Webmaster
www.digioz.com

More
17 years 10 months ago #305 by rasc00
I am doing something fundamentally wrong here ... I have now placed all the files in my normal webspace ... given them all the correct permissions ... when I click to sign or view, the browser tries to download guestbook.php or list.php !

More
17 years 10 months ago #306 by Pete
That sounds like you may not have PHP installed (or at least configured) on your web server. Are you hosting your own site, or with a 3rd party Webhost? Are you running IIS or Apache?

DigiOz Webmaster
www.digioz.com

More
17 years 10 months ago #310 by rasc00
I just checked the HELP info on my host site and they state that PHP cannot be run from a www address.
My host runs Apache.

So, back to putting all files in cgi-bin/Guestbook - but the toolbar and smileys dont display then and again when I put these image files in www space, they do display but dont work when used to make a comment or view a commment - I just get the written form of what the smiley is.

More
17 years 10 months ago #313 by Pete
Assuming that you have the PHP files in the CGI bin, and the images in WWW, please specify the exact path to both for me. That way I can modify the code to work for you.

DigiOz Webmaster
www.digioz.com

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds