Converter

More
17 years 8 months ago #499 by Norman
Converter was created by Norman
Hi, I am in the process of upgrading a site from Guestbook version 1.6 to version 1.7.1.

I converted the list.txt file from the version 1.6 Guestbook and found that the formatting (<br>) and smileys have been lost.

This appears to be an old problem that you (Pete) addressed early this year. You said that the code (supplied via this forum) would be used in future releases. I have not checked to see if it has but the results when converting suggests it has not been supplied with version 1.7.1.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Norman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 8 months ago #500 by Pete
Replied by Pete on topic Converter
Here is what the converter should be (look a few posts down in that thread):

www.digioz.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=35

Version 1.7.1 was an emergency security release, so its possible that the old converter was included with that. I will look into this for version 1.8.

DigiOz Webmaster
www.digioz.com

More
17 years 8 months ago #501 by Norman
Replied by Norman on topic Converter
Hi Pete,

OK, I have succeeded in getting all the formatting and smileys included in the conversion.

I took the modified converter code and tried it. As before (early this year), any message with a blank email address was lost. As before, I edited the version 1.6 list.txt to replace all blank email addresses with a@b.c. The conversion was executed again and this time all the messages were converted. To make the messages in the converted file look the same as before, I replaced all the temporary email addresses (a@b.c) in the converted file with blank email addresses. This was achieved in Notebook by doing a replace of,

s:5:"a@b.c";

with

s:0:"";

I completed this just before you replied :D

Thanks, Norman

More
17 years 8 months ago #508 by Pete
So was your problem basically the fact that you had blank email addresses?

DigiOz Webmaster
www.digioz.com

More
17 years 8 months ago #514 by Norman
Replied by Norman on topic Converter
Hi Pete,

Yes, that is correct.

I did mention it in a thread early in 2006. It would be good to see the (new) converter that you supplied (in a thread) modified to cope with blank email addresses.

Thanks, Norman

More
17 years 8 months ago #524 by Pete
Here is the new version. Feel free to use it. It allows for blank email address as well:

digioz.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=337

DigiOz Webmaster
www.digioz.com

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds