Problem with em's

More
16 years 9 months ago #835 by TazzyT
Problem with em's was created by TazzyT
Ok I have the strangest problem and am seriously baffled.

The guestbook is pulling in my css file as it should, but for some reason it will not display the em's for font sizing.

Has anyone ever experienced this before? I couldn't find anythng in the forums by searching.

Correct display: crafts.tazzyt.com/index.php (not the active index yet)
Guestbook: crafts.tazzyt.com/Gstbk/gb_guestbook.php (non-functioning)

Any help or ideas would be great as I really don't want to create a specific CSS file just for the guestbook.

Thanks in advance.

Lori / TazzyT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 9 months ago #836 by TazzyT
Replied by TazzyT on topic Problem with em's

The guestbook is pulling in my css file as it should, but for some reason it will not display the em's for font sizing.

Update: I decided to play around with copies of my guestbook.php, css, and header.inc files and test if it was just EM's. I switched the copy css over to px's.

Other than I have the px sizes wrong the font sizes did display. What needs to happen to have the guestbook display em's?

2nd guestbook w/ px: crafts.tazzyt.com/Gstbk/gb_guestbook2.php

Thanks.

Lori / TazzyT

More
16 years 9 months ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #837 by Pete
Replied by Pete on topic Problem with em's

TazzyT wrote:

Update: I decided to play around with copies of my guestbook.php, css, and header.inc files and test if it was just EM's. I switched the copy css over to px's.

Other than I have the px sizes wrong the font sizes did display. What needs to happen to have the guestbook display em's?

2nd guestbook w/ px: crafts.tazzyt.com/Gstbk/gb_guestbook2.php

Thanks.

Lori / TazzyT

Read the following article:

jontangerine.com/log/2007/09/the ... s-with-css

Basically Internet Explorer has a problem with "em", and a way to work around it is to use percentages instead. Hope this helps.

DigiOz Webmaster
www.digioz.com
Last edit: 11 years 2 weeks ago by Pete.

More
16 years 9 months ago #838 by TazzyT
Replied by TazzyT on topic Problem with em's

Basically Internet Explorer has a problem with "em", and a way to work around it is to use percentages instead. Hope this helps.

IE is displaying my CSS with em's fine however when viewing the guestbook the em's are not recognized at all. (I am currently using IE 7) Adding html{ font-size:100%;} to my css did not make a bit of difference.

Correct display: crafts.tazzyt.com/index.php (not the active index yet)
Guestbook: crafts.tazzyt.com/Gstbk/gb_guestbook.php (non-functioning)

The same css is used for both the above links. One is the inactive index page which displays correctly, the other is the guestbook sign page (also not active) which does not display correctly.

I really dont want to have to run 2 css sheets but I will if I have to.

Any other ideas?

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds