add entry error

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 7 months ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #858 by
add entry error was created by
First, nice job on this guestbook! I think it will be a great addition to my wedding site. I think I have all the permissions set right. I am getting this error at the top of the page when I add a new entry:
Code:
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at ...../guestbook/config.php:297) in ...../guestbook/add.php on line 41
Last edit: 11 years 2 weeks ago by Pete.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 7 months ago #860 by Pete
Replied by Pete on topic add entry error
This is a bug that was addressed here:

sourceforge.net/tracker/index.ph ... tid=663805

Solution:
Took Session start statement out of header file and placed it in each page
before header.php include to avoid duplicate start.

Take a look at the 1.8 beta code to see how it was fixed:

digiozgbook.cvs.sourceforge.net/ ... giozgbook/

Let me know if it doesn't make any sense and I will be happy to explain further.

Pete

DigiOz Webmaster
www.digioz.com

• Anonymous
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 7 months ago #861 by Anonymous
Replied by Anonymous on topic add entry error
Cool, I have some more questions now. On my wedding website I have a header, navigation, and footer. I have all of them show up on each page of the site using the "php require_once" command. So I have added a "guestbook" link to my navigation and I would like to load the guestbook into the main content panel and have the three include statements in the guestbook page(s) to show the header, nav, and footer. I have started implementing this. I had to take all of the items out of the "guestbook" folder except the data folder and the language folder and move them into the root of my site. Now, the main site will load but the "add entry" link does nothing. Any idea how to fix/troubleshoot this? I do know some PHP, but definitely not enough to understand how all these pages interact.
Thanks
Mike

More
16 years 7 months ago #862 by Pete
Replied by Pete on topic add entry error
Hey Mike,

Email me directly at webmaster@digioz.com and include the link to your site in the email. I will be happy to take a look at your site and create a modified version of the guestbook that would work with the site. 8)

DigiOz Webmaster
www.digioz.com

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds