Validation code

More
17 years 8 months ago #532 by Pete
Replied by Pete on topic Validation code
Thanks. I truncated some of the curse words out for obvious reasons, but I did save your version locally for testing. Will let you know when I am done testing it.

DigiOz Webmaster
www.digioz.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 8 months ago #534 by Norman
Replied by Norman on topic Validation code
Hi Pete,

OK, apologies for the curse words, I could have removed them myself :roll:

A thought. The Guestbook files reside on a domain but the Guestbook is entered (linked to) from another domain. In config.php, I have entered the domain where the Guestbook files reside. Is this correct :?:

Thanks, Norman

• admin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 8 months ago #538 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Validation code
Both the guestbook files and the domain specified in the config.php file have to be on the same domain when you set $referersKey = 1. That may be one reason why you are experiencing problems.

More
17 years 8 months ago #541 by Norman
Replied by Norman on topic Validation code
Hi Pete,

The files are on the same domain as the one specified in config.php. Let see if I can make it clearer.

Let's say that the Guestbook files are on domain.co.uk and this domain is specified in config.php. However, when a user clicks on the link from the website to enter the Guestbook, they are actually on domain.org. The link references www.domain.co.uk/guestbook/ ........ .

The two domains are hosted by two different ISPs.

So, when a user clicks the link, they are doing so from www.domain.org but references files on www.domain.co.uk . My understanding is that the Guestbook code will see the user as coming from domain.org but I have put domain.co.uk in config.php. I think what I have done is incorrect.

Thanks, Norman

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds