SPAM

More
17 years 6 months ago #617 by Norman
Replied by Norman on topic SPAM
No, not every message is blocked from any specific user.

The guy I mentioned who tried to post the same message at least six times, has just entered a message this evening (GMT).

When I check the Spam log, there are a number of messages from different users that have suffered the same fate. However, these users have successfully posted messages since.

I had already checked the config.php and could see no reason as to why any the messages should be seen as Spam.

As I said before, I have tried posting some of these messages myself and I end up getting the same 'Spam has been detected' message.

Norman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 6 months ago #618 by Pete
Replied by Pete on topic SPAM

Norman wrote: No, not every message is blocked from any specific user.

The guy I mentioned who tried to post the same message at least six times, has just entered a message this evening (GMT).

When I check the Spam log, there are a number of messages from different users that have suffered the same fate. However, these users have successfully posted messages since.

I had already checked the config.php and could see no reason as to why any the messages should be seen as Spam.

As I said before, I have tried posting some of these messages myself and I end up getting the same 'Spam has been detected' message.

Norman

Here is something you can do to see if there are any hidden characters. Download and install the Digioz Asciifier at:

www.digioz.com/vbNET/DigiOz_Asci ... iifier.zip

Then copy and paste one of the messages that was giving you a spam error into the Asciifier and Run it. Email me the before and after strings in two seperate text files to compare.

Thanks,
Pete

DigiOz Webmaster
www.digioz.com

More
17 years 6 months ago #619 by Norman
Oh dear, I am going backwards :(

I have attempted to install Ascifier and I was not too happy when I saw .NET being installed. I believe I have (had) and earlier version and it appeared to give me a problem with another program. Anyway, I ended up with an unsolicited reboot (thanks Microsoft).
I then went back to do the install proper and I got the following dialog.

An Installation for Microsoft.NET Framework is currently suspended. You must undo the changes made by that installation to continue. Do you want to undo those changes?

Yes No

The answer is, I don't know.

Thanks,
Norman

More
17 years 6 months ago #620 by Pete
Replied by Pete on topic SPAM
Norman,

Just uninstall and reinstall the .NET Framework 2.0 and it should be ok.

Pete

DigiOz Webmaster
www.digioz.com

More
17 years 6 months ago #621 by Norman
Pete,

I will not go into all the detail unless you want me to but after spending most of yesterday evening trying to sort out problems, I am no further forward.

What I did not spot initially was that during the .NET Framework install invoked by attempting to install Ascifier, my PC did and unsolicited reboot. I did a lot after this including de-insalling .NET Framework 1.1 (and SP1) and .NET Framework 2. I have re-installed all except .NET Framework SP1 (I get an eroor about unable to open xxx.tmp).
Anyway version 1.1 is not relevant to Ascifier.

My Add/Remove tells me that I have .NET Framework 2 installed; whether that is a good installation, I have no idea (I believe it did a reboot agian during the install). I have tried re-installing Ascifier a number of times but the current incarnation gives me a Doctor Watson when I try to use it.

Norman

More
17 years 6 months ago #622 by Norman
Pete,

It is now clear to me that I am unable to install (or de-install) .NET Framework 2 from my PC (XP Pro). I have just tried to de-install so as I could attempt another 'clean' install. Via Add/Remove, I attempted to de-install and to my amazement, an intall was progressed. It must have got to the usual place when once again the PC took a dive.

So, it would appear that I have a partial install of .NET Framework 2 :(
I guess there must be something wrong with XP Pro on my PC :!:

Norman

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds